Come and spend a morning learning about Portuguese food and drink while experiencing it first-hand like a Lisbon local. *Featured on Bizarre Foods Lisbon Nov. 2014!
- Wake up with a Portuguese pequeno almoço. Sip some morning café and munch on typical pastries at a local pasteleria while learning about the history of Portuguese coffee as well as the origin of Portuguese pastry making.
- Explore a bustling open market. I’ll take you to the best mercado in Lisbon, a hidden gem on the outskirts of the city. We’ll walk and talk about the fundamental ingredients of Portuguese cuisine and some of the traditional dishes in which they’re used as well as sample a couple of things the market has to offer.
- Enjoy a typical Portuguese lunch at a traditional restaurant. We’ll end our morning trek with a hearty lunch at my favorite local tasca, “A Tasca do João”, where we’ll indulge in some home-style regional cuisine and wine while being spoiled rotten by João Gomes’ personalized service. You’ll leave feeling like one of the family!
- Throughout the tour, I share my personal experiences of my life in Portugal, including the interesting cultural differences I’ve come to understand, what I think about learning Portuguese and all of my wonderful food and drink adventures! At the end you can catch the traditional trolley (using your pass!) to the downtown and enjoy the rest of your day in Lisbon. And on the way to the trolley stop, if you’re interested, you can do a little gourmet shopping at my favorite gourmet, wine and chocolate shops. (shopping purchases not included in price)
Details: Private Tour
*This can be a Fixed or Customized Tour; prices below are for a Fixed Tour*
Type: Walking + public transport (moderate walking which may include hills, stairs and use of bus, metro, trolley, tram or train)
Available: Tuesday – Saturday
Tour Length: About 5hrs (2.5 – 3hr tour + a leisurely lunch), starting time at 9:30am until normally 2:30/3:00pm
Meeting Point: Pick up directly at hotel or place of stay if private, otherwise a central meeting point will be arranged. Meeting time at 9.30 am.
Maximum # of Guests: 5
- 3 – 5 guests €80/person
- 2 guests €90/person
- Single Guest €98
- Andrea-Your American In Portugal Foodie Guide
- One 24- hour unlimited Lisbon metro/bus/train card to travel freely and easily on public transport throughout the tour and after on your own! You can keep the card and re-charge it as many times as you want to use for the rest of your trip! (I will give you a “Public Transport 101” lesson on how to use them during your tour).
- Portuguese Breakfast: Morning Coffee and selected pastries
- Local cheese, bread and meat to sample
- Complete lunch with drinks (wine, water and coffee) at my favorite local tasca
*Gratuities and additional food/drink or souvenir purchases not included*
To book this tour, please fill out the form under Contact Me and I will get in touch you shortly!