Start with a Portuguese lanche – “afternoon snack” at one of the oldest and classiest pastry shops in the neighborhood where we’ll have some afternoon coffee and typical pastries (both savory and sweet) while you learn about the history and culture of Portuguese café and pastry making.
Visit the neighborhood gourmet market– a mix of old-fashioned grocers with modern, fashionable food vendors . You’ll learn about the basic ingredients used in Portuguese cuisine, their seasonality, as well as what the latest trends are in Lisbon’s gourmet scene. You’ll also have the chance here to do some gourmet gift shopping if you wish.
Taste Portugal’s most famous handmade chocolate- We’ll visit my favorite chocolate shop that originally hails from the city of Porto and taste a couple of their popular selections. Guests are also welcome to purchase their own additional chocolate souvenirs if they wish at this time.
Delight in your own private wine and cheese sampling. We’ll try three Portuguese wines that I’ve personally selected for their uniqueness, flavor profile and representation of their region, accompanied by a selection of Portuguese enchidos (cured meats/sausage) and Portuguese cheese for the perfect tasting.
Enjoy a traditional Portuguese dinner at a favorite local restaurant of mine. We’ll have dinner (with more wine!) served family style, which will be a mix of meat and/or fish dishes.
Throughout the tour, I share my personal
experiences of my life in Portugal, including the interesting cultural differences I’ve come to understand, what I think about learning Portuguese and all of my wonderful food and drink adventures!
Details: Private Tour
*This can be a Fixed or Customized Tour; prices below are for a Fixed Tour*
Type: Walking + public transport (moderate walking + including hills, stairs and use of bus, metro, tr
olley, tram or train)
Available: Monday – Saturday
Tour Length: About 4 1/2 – 5 hours (2.5 – 3hr tour + a leisurely dinner), starting at 3:30 pm until normally 8:30 pm
Meeting Point: Pick up directly at hotel or place of stay if location is within the center of Lisbon, otherwise a central meeting point will be arranged. Meeting time at 3:30 pm.
Minimum # of Guests: 2
- 3 – 5 guests – €90.00/person
- 2 guests – €98.00/person
- Andrea-Your American In Portugal Foodie Guide
- One 24- hour unlimited Lisbon metro/bus/train card to travel freely and easily on public transport throughout the tour and after on your own! You can keep the card and re-charge it as many times as you want to use for the rest of your trip! (I will give you a “Public Transport 101” lesson on how to use them during your tour.
- Afternoon coffee and selected pastries
- Wine sampling of 3 wines accompanied by a selection of Portuguese cured meat, cheese and fresh bread
- Portuguese chocolate sampling
- Complete dinner with drinks (house wine, water and coffee) at one of my favorite local restaurants
*Gratuities and additional food/drink or gift purchases not included*
To book this tour, please fill out the form under Contact Me and I will get in touch you shortly!